Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 5: Jamaica





I decide the Jamaica looks pretty from the boat and don’t want to spoil the impressive, so I stay aboard while Mary and Diana go ashore to do some shopping. It’s a hazy gray day and it does end up raining on & off.

It fun to practically have the Lido deck to myself. I have my pick off deck chairs. I laugh when I hear people (clearly Southerners) complain that they got cold in the rain. I only moved under an awning in order to keep my book dry.

I discover where they hide the Ethnic food buffet. It’s in plain sight, but we thought it had the same crappy looking hot dogs and fries as the other side of the deck… Greek food. Yum.

We spend lazy afternoon writing postcards and people watching from a sheltered area of the deck.

The sailaway gets postponed because it starts raining again and the wind picks up just as Oakhurst gets started. They play danceable bluegrass type music. Would have been pleasant to hang out on deck chair and listen if the weather had remained nice, but I don’t stick around. They moved to shelter and did an acoustic set, I heard.

No comments: